Pages

Friday 18 May 2018

Day 8 Digital intensive reflection

Today we learnt about the new digital curriculum. I had read it before, however, I hadn't quite got to grips with it. Given that it is to incorporated by 2020 and across the entire curriculum I believe it was important to unpack and find meaning.

I found it very useful unpacking the key terms and ideas. I feel I have a much better understanding now of what it all means. I do have a concern that other teachers are not going through the same process and my hope is that all teachers seek professional development so they can be incorporated this into their teaching

Using scratch was fun. I had experience with pencil code before. Scratch was similar and I found it useful understanding the 'do this if' function. Coding is a valuable skill that I wish I had taken seriously when I was young





Binary was something I had heard of but knew nothing about. I enjoyed the mathematical element to it. I would like to pursue this more

For the next week, I plan on studying for my Level 2 exam. I would like to think Dave Winter and Angela Gattung for their time and their resources in helping me gain a much better understanding of google sheets




No comments:

Post a Comment