Pages

Thursday 5 April 2018

Inquiry 2018 Re think

After much thought, I have decided to change my focus in 2018

I would like to focus on engaging whanau through student blogging.

The reason for this is that after two years of teaching at Papakura High I have a hunch that student engagement could be linked to whanau involvement in their learning because by the fact that whanau is taking active involvement student motivation to learn will increase. Visibility, as well as comments, will help drive this.

The reason for the change is that it relates to my role working in Kootuitui as a facilitator. As of this moment, I have set up 250 student blog accounts within Papakura High School. Almost all Year 9 and 10 students have a blog account.

Last week I set up a blog website so staff and students can get ideas on what quality blogging will look like. I would like to thank colleagues within Manaiakalani for allowing me to use some of the resources

Blogging website


Next week I intend to start on a staff meeting on quality blogging. I will be asking for support from some of the teachers within the school. I will attempt to tie this in with another literacy initiatives already happening.

Next term I will look to engage whanau on how they can support their children's learning. this will include how to comment and access their child's blog.

There are many people who I will need to work closely with in this inquiry and I see this as a long-term inquiry that could cover a couple of years.

Fortunately, I have a lot of models with my colleagues in Manaiakalani and I am already looking for previous inquiries to get ideas.


1 comment:

  1. Wow! A lot of work setting up those blogs. Are the other teachers keen to participate or are the students using them in some classes only?

    ReplyDelete