Pages

Monday 21 November 2016

2016 SPARK MIT review

Being part of the innovative teacher group in 2016 has been a tremendous experience. The most enjoyable part is belonging to a community of highly effective teachers and hearing about their ideas, and thoughts on teaching and learning.

Meeting at SPARK headquarters once a term for PLD is something I look forward to. The working environment prompts thought and innovation. I will truly miss the experience. We are very well looked after.

My inquiry into rewindable learning is now embedded into my practice. I am very happy with the results and the feedback I have received. Presenting at U learn and the Manaiakalani leaders Hui were highlights. I felt well received by both audiences. Using video for rewindable learning is something I am going to continue to explore into the future. The release days and the mentoring pushed me into expanding the boundies around rewindable learning and I am grateful for the experiences.

In 2017 I am going to focus on helping other teachers use video to create rewindable learning in the Kootuitui cluster. I have received a time allowance of five hours a week and I intend on supporting other teachers in this journey.

Already I have presented to Papakura High school staff meetings and have also now presented at Toolkits and leaders PLD's and this has been well received.

A big thank you to Dorothy Burt and Juanita Garden for the mentoring and encouragement. You are both fantastic




No comments:

Post a Comment