Pages

Wednesday 21 November 2018

Students work using Argumentation

I am very proud of one of my year 10 students who has made a wonderful blog post. In the post, he details his learning from a lesson last week. In the lesson, the students watched a political debate on legalizing cannabis. This student has considered all viewpoints, considered the source of the information presented, considered other viewpoints, and then made an informed judgement based on this evidence.

It is great when you teach thinking skills to students and they produce such great work showing that it has made a difference. One thing I have learnt from teaching in Decile 1 schools for 17 years is that you must take these small victories to keep yourself motivated and passionate about what you do.

Feel free to see the post and leave a comment.

https://rhsmatthewm.blogspot.com/2018/11/the-cannibis-debate.html

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jason, I hope the year has started well for you. I am hoping you get time to keep us updated on what argumentation looks like with your next cohort of kids. I enjoyed your posts from 2018.

    Best wishes

    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete